So you’ve always wanted to learn to paint, but you’ve never been able to find the time. Or maybe you’d love to expand upon your current painting skills by working in a new style or medium. Either way, online painting courses are the perfect choice.
Picking up a new skill with online courses is easy. You can log in when you have time or whenever the mood strikes—early morning, on your lunch hour, after midnight, rainy days—the choice is yours. With online instruction you can access experts from the comfort of home, study at your own pace, and hit pause and rewind as often as you need to.
[Turn your hobby into a business. Learn how with courses on entrepreneurship.]
If painting is the hobby of your choice, the following free and low-cost online painting courses will get your artistic juices flowing.
10 Creative Online Painting Courses
1. How to Paint with Acrylics for the Absolute Beginner
Learn this instructors’ seven painting principles and create a stunning still life acrylic painting in under an hour.
2. From Acrylics To Oil Painting in 5 Easy Steps
If you’re only painting with acrylics because you’re intimidated by oil painting, this course will walk you through a step-by-step method of making the transition.
3. How to Create Fast and Fun Abstract Paintings
Learn to mix paints with a floating medium to create beautiful blends of color.
4. Turn Unused Palette Paint into Abstract Sculptures
Don’t throw away your unused paint! Learn how to turn it into stunning three-dimensional paint sculptures instead.
5. Watercolor painting for the complete beginner – First steps
Learn what materials you need, how to set up a palette, color mixing, and more in this course for beginners using watercolor.
6. Paint a Stunning Fall Watercolor in Seven Easy Steps
Whether your a beginner or an expert, you can get fabulous results by learning to simplify your watercolor painting technique.
7. Learn Watercolor Painting: Lotus, Irises, and Magnolia
Produce art for your home, your friends, your family, or even to sell! You’ll finish this course with four pieces to give you a headstart.
8. Impressionism – Paint this Autumn painting in oil or acrylic
Learn how to bring a luminous quality to your impressionist art with a beautiful fall foliage painting.
9. Impressionism – Paint this figure painting in oil or acrylic
Expand on your work while learning earn the invaluable concepts of drawing, value, color, and edges.
10. Impressionism – Paint this Venice painting in oil or acrylic
Paint along with the artist while you learn to bring your skills to the next level.
Take one of these courses, or search our full course listings for more. Then come back and share your comments with our readers.